One of the things we pride ourselves on at the Pillow Collection is that all of our throw pillows are American Made. It’s important to us to support our nation’s economy, while also cutting down on our environmental footprint by limiting the distance we need to transport our products.
It’s not just us. More and more decor and furniture companies are going the American Made route and there are plenty that, like us, have done it from the beginning. To show support for our fellow American Made home decor companies, we’ve put together a list of a few favorites, which include manufacturers of everything from wall art to sofas.
- Oliver Gal Artist Co. This wall art brand has exploded in popularity in recent years thanks to their fashion-forward prints, but they’ve maintained their production standards by creating everything out of their Miami-based headquarters.
- Country Curtains. A fellow Massachusetts-based company, Country Curtains began making its products out of the founders’ home in 1956, before moving production of most of its line out to a factory in Housantonic, Mass. in the 1970s.
- Simon Pearce. The fine pottery and hand-blow glass manufactured by Simon Pearce is sold around the country, but the production of these pieces still falls squarely on the shoulders of the company’s Vermont-based artisans.
- Eastern Accents. The Chicago-based luxury bedding company manufactures much of its own line, as well as many of its designer collections (like its popular line with designer Barclay Butera) stateside.
- Skyline Furniture. This family-owned manufacturer of upholstered headboards, seating, and accent furniture is based just outside of Chicago, and has designed and produced their furniture in Illinois since the company was founded in the 1940s.
- Room & Board. It’s even possible to find larger retailers with American-made collections. Case in point, Room & Board. The modern furniture retailer gets more than 90 percent of its products from American-made sources.
- Rowe Furniture. Rowe was started in Virginia more than 60 years ago, and its line of custom upholstered sofas and chairs is still made in the area today. Rowe furniture is sold at many popular retailers, including Boston Interiors, Domicile Furniture, Raymour and Flanigan, and more.
Have an American made decor source we missed? Let us know about it in the comments section, below!